I’M NICE. I’M ANTI-CHEESE. I EAT CAKE (AND OTHER EVENING BUFFET OFFERINGS).
Now, I hate to assume anything, but I’m guessing this is the only time you’ve hired a professional photographer for pretty much anything. Well, I’m also assuming you’ve looked at LOADS of images. There are quite a few of us out there.
So, let’s address a few queries that pretty much everyone has and hopefully we’ll make this whole thing a little easier. Here goes.
- I’m anti-cheese. Like, I hate it. You know the kind – the “hey guys, now pick up the bride and have her feel mega awkward and smile and it’ll look so funny hahahahaaaaa” (put’s gun to head, blows brains out). Urgh. If that’s you, I’m not the man for you.
- I am REALLY into being arty farty. Not merely for the sake of it, not merely to show off, but I truly believe in creating art. Collections of images of your greatest day in a tasteful, timeless, artistic and slightly alternative fashion.
- Fun. I think that if you’re gonna do anything in life you may aswell enjoy it.
- I really dig couples who are in love. Sounds silly, but when that love is just oozing outta them, all that mushy stuff – I just love it. Capturing those little moments. The little glances. Yep, I’m all over that.
- I’m not one for posing and making you feel all stiff and awkward, but I am into intervening. When it comes to the couples portraits, it’s a collaboration. I help you through it, and together we create awesomeness of the highest order.
- The photos for grannies mantlepiece (or as my wife calls them ” ‘top the telly!”) I will of course grab all the more formal, family portraits. I will certainly not spend an age doing this, however they are actually pretty important, and even if we only grab ones with the immediate family in, it’ll be worth it in the long run.
THE NITTY GRITTY
HOW MANY IMAGES DO WE GET?
This varies a little, but the very minimum you can expect is 400. Most of the time I deliver over 500+. I am a firm believer though in quality over quantity (as I’m around 5 feet nothing I may be biased in this regard).
DO YOU CHARGE TRAVELLING EXPENSES?
I only charge travelling expenses for weddings over 2 hours from my home near Portsmouth. However I would most likely charge for overnight accommodation for the night before the wedding in such instances – I’d hate to get stuck in traffic on the day of the wedding, so by staying close by I am removing that possibility. We can always chat about this and come up with an arrangement we’re both happy with.
HOW LONG UNTIL WE RECEIVE THE IMAGES?
I will share a couple from the day in the days following the wedding to whet your appetite. Then, I aim for around 6-8 weeks when you should receive your online gallery (with full and free access to download the images). You will also receive a USB presentation box a couple of weeks after this (it’s a cool little box which is great for keeping wedding keepsakes in).
DO YOU TAKE MORE FORMAL PHOTOS OF THE FAMILY?
Of course I will. Now, whilst not the most sexy of things, these images are actually really important (and become more so as the years go by). I appreciate that nobody likes being stood around for ages whilst a photographer takes a billion images of people looking bored (me least of all) so we will chat about the group shots before the wedding day to come up with a list which works – this saves so much time on the day if we have a list nailed down. I’ll give you some example lists of what works (around 8 groups is a sweet spot I find) and I try to limit this time to around 30 mins max.
DO YOU OFFER PRINTS AND ALBUMS?
Indeed I do. In your online gallery you will have the option to purchase prints direct from the website, or if you’d rather you are free to print some yourself – remember though, cheaper printers result in lower quality prints (sad face). I also offer portfolio albums for you, as well as smaller albums which are great as gifts for parents etc. If you like, I can sling my brochure your way so you can have a mooch at all the things I offer.
SOUNDS LUSH. HOW DO WE BOOK?
Head over to my contact page here and let’s get a conversation started. If you did want to go ahead, I’d send you an online booking contract, and also I’d take a £350 booking fee. Once both of those are sorted, your names are in the diary.